Wednesday 10 March 2010

Lonesome

Standing in the fog
waiting...
waiting...
waiting.

For nothing?
For something.

The swirling mist,
the white of fog.

Coldly...
shimmering...
white.

Waiting...
waiting...
waiting.

Alone in the fog.

Just a little bored. While my parents were at conferences I was hanging out by myself and I went outside for a little while. It's been really foggy the last few days, and I have to say I love it. Fog is great.
So, I was hanging around by myself in the extremely quiet fog, and I had some good views and I just liked the peacefulness.
Alas! If only there was more fog to be had!

Although I guess people who drive wouldn't be very happy! (I don't need to worry about that for a few more years.)

Cheerio, peeps.

P.S. This was inspired a little bit by Stargirl, by Jerry Spinelli, which we're reading for lit. (Although I finished!) and Love, Stargirl, which I just finished reading.
They were both really good. Even though they were pretty sad, they had a nice bitter-sweetness. I really loved them, Stargirl especially!

3 comments:

  1. can i borrow love, stargirl? it sounds like it's a good book. and it really HAS been foggy hasnt it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to ask lit teacher. It's hers. But probably.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Stargirl! No one at school seems to, though. It's disappointing that they don't see the real meaning behind it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Award 3

Award 3

Award 2

Award 2

AWARD!!!!!

AWARD!!!!!
My first award!!!!

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog