Friday 20 August 2010

The Post of Shameless Self-Promotion

Uh-huh. This post is all about my amazing cake decorating abilities and my new team cooking blog with my mom. Oh yeah!

Below is the ice cream cake my mom and I baked, and I decorated, for a friend's baby shower. She used to baby sit me sometimes before she moved to Arizona! Very far from where I live, I can tell ya' that!
Here's the cake. It had already been in the freezer for a while, so it was starting to droop a bit.
The cake was chocolate chip with mint chocolate chip ice cream. The icing was home-made whipped cream and the colored icing was just sugar, water, and coloring (So, more sugar.)

It was based off the napkins below.

I even put a monkey on!
Isn't he cute?! :-)
Now, the blog my mom and I are doing is called Once Upon a Cookie Pan. I named it! You should check it out. Once I finish this post (So, it will already be up once you've read this.) I'll be writing a cookie recipe post. And tomorrow morning/afternoon we'll put up a recipe for the ice cream cake and the whipped cream. So, probably ditto to the above in parenthesis.

Well, that's enough of my ego for one night, then!

Watch out for tomorrow's birthday post!

Cheerio, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Award 3

Award 3

Award 2

Award 2

AWARD!!!!!

AWARD!!!!!
My first award!!!!

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog