Saturday 1 May 2010

Soundtrack to My Life

Thanks, Cranberry!
Today she posted this cool thing called Soundtrack to My Life, as if it was a movie or something. It was really cool, so I tried it.

RULES: Put your iPod on shuffle and don't skip songs. Write the songs down in the order they play.
Here's what I got, plus a YouTube video of the music, if I can find one. And my commentary on the song relating to the event.

Opening Credits: The Lovecats by The Cure
This song kind of works. It depends on what part they'd play it at.

Waking Up: Help, I'm Alive by Metric
All I have to say is: Hahahaha...

First Day of School: Brain Stew by Green Day
This one works pretty well. I'm happy with this song.
(The sound isn't so great on this video, but it's the best I could find.)

Falling in Love: Open Wounds by Skillet
WTF??!?!?!?!!!?? This song is for BREAKING UP!

Fighting: Middle of the Night by Sherwood
I guess this one would probably work if the other person was cheating, or something.

Breaking Up: Holiday (Demo Version) by Valencia
This one is okay. Depending on what part they'd play it at, it would work.

Driving: Eighty Steps Away by The Good Listeners
This one works nicely. It talks a lot about going places. (And the only reason I got it was because it was free on iTunes one week.)

Flashback: Fell in Love Without You by Motion City Soundtrack
Haha. Good one. Depending on the flashback.

Getting Back Together: Liars and Battlelines by Rookie of the Year
I don't know if this one works so great. It might work better for fighting, but whatev.

Prom Night: You Found Me by The Fray
I found the slow dance song!

Wedding (Skips a lot, doesn't it?): Set Apart This Dream by Flyleaf
I actually think this is a good one for this. It talks a lot about dreams and stuff, so when you're happy enough it can fell like you're in a dream. Although, it's actually a kind of depressing song if you really read into the lyrics, like Castle on a Cloud from Les Miserables, but let's not think about that, shall we?


Birth of a Child: Weathered by The Dangerous Summer
I'm not gonna comment on this song.

Final Battle: Top of the World by All-American Rejects
WTF?!?! Unless... Nope. It just doesn't work. Unless they're beat by the "king that we put up there."

Death Scene: Dressed to Kill by Love is a Story
OMF. What the freak?! THIS MAKES NO SENSE!!!!

Funeral: Soldier's Poem by Muse
I this works pretty well. It would actually work better for the death scene, but I dunno.
Love Muse.

End Credits: Surfaced by The Dangerous Summer
This works PERFECTLY for an ending credits song!

So, in summary, I am thinking I do not want most of these songs as the soundtrack for my life. But Surfaced is probably at the top of the list, if I had to choose some.

Cheerio, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Award 3

Award 3

Award 2

Award 2

AWARD!!!!!

AWARD!!!!!
My first award!!!!

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog